I want to share with you this recipe because it’s one of those recipes that best marries the philosophy of cooking by #Idolincucina: starting from those few ingredients (max 3-4) that you have, create something tasty, delightful for your lunch, making the act of eating not a mere moment of satisfaction of a need (I fill my stomach), but a celebration, a convivium. I have always believed and thought how much the convivium has been important for the development of society and Mediterranean culture: the word [which in itself means banquet, feast, common meal, meeting] is derived from the verb “to live together” and it is implicit that common life passes necessarily by the common meal: “..when there is a banquet there is a community – and not only met for a meal, they can also indicate, figuratively, an association of people gathered together for common purposes and high “(original text of https://unaparolaalgiorno.it/significato/C/convivio). So, you can not diminish a moment so important and fundamental for our culture, with food prepared without any passion, love and attention to those who will taste it.
And keeping in mind this idea, because I have received as gift some tortellini, handmade [..and I would say with passion] from my friend Gaston and her grandmother, I tried to add a little pinch of my creativity, of myself. This means that this is a simple, quick recipe but keeping your meal tasty.
This is a list of ingredients for 4 persons
- Tortellini - 350 gr
- asparagi - 400 gr
- prosciutto cotto - 80 gr
- aglio - 1 spicchio
- pepe nero - q.b.
- olio EVO - q.b.
- parmigiano reggiano - q.b.
- sale - q.b.
- In a pot boil water, add our asparagus washed and cut into small pieces and let it boil for about 15 min.
- Meanwhile in a pan we fry our clove of garlic for a few seconds and add the black pepper.
- With a slotted spoon remove our asparagus from the water and let's add to the pan with the garlic, light the fire and let flavor mixing for 2/3 minutes. Finally add the ham and let rest
- In the same water we cook the asparagus, cook for 3-4 minutes our tortellini and then let's add to our asparagus sauce. A generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and we can serve to our guests