Lost in searching new flavor combinations and cooking ideas for surprising the Idols palates with the simplicity, I tried to use the bitter taste of radicchio rosso di Treviso, using the ‘early one’, which has wider leaves [the one with longer leaves is less bitter and more valuable]. In addition to preparing a recipe with this ingredient, I’ve searched some info about it and found out that is rich in antioxidants which slow the cellular aging processes, it is also anti-inflammatory, low-calorie (for the 92-94% is composed of water) and rich in vitamin A, B1 and B2 [wiki for those who want to learn more …] …. I admit, as I read antioxidant radicchio became sympathic…yes because my neurons are turned on, associating it with the red wine, which is also full of antioxidants, helpful to prevent aging; Idols and we want to keep young :-P
In short, the radicchio is perfect for a healthy and tasty dish!
And because I still had the speck (a kind of smoked prosciuto from Valtellina) the fridge [I’m mad about and generally it disappears in a dinner] for Idols Sunday lunch, I tried this simple, fast and light recipe that you can try right now!
- penne 300 gr
- speck 80 gr
- shallot 1
- white wine 1/2 glass
- extra virgin olive oil
- parmesan cheese
1. Remove the outer leaves of radicchio and let’s put aside, cut the radicchio into strips, wash it and let’s put it to drain.
2. Take our 2 slices of speck, roll it and then cut into strips
3. In a pan heat a little olive oil and add the chopped shallot for sauté
4. Add radicchio and let dry for a few minutes, fade gradually with the white wine, then immediately add the speck strips
5. In the meantime, we cook our penne pasta, and add to the sauce by adding a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and let’s jump.
If you like my presentation…use the leaves of radicchio set aside as cups for your wonderful pasta with radicchio and speck!
Ricetta semplicissima e veloce per un piatto sano e saporito!
Ecco gli ingredienti per 3 persone
- penne - 300 gr
- radicchio - 1 cespo
- speck - 80 gr
- scalogno - 1
- vino bianco - 1/2 bicchiere
- olio EVO - a piacere
- sale - a piacere
- parmigiano reggiano - a piacere
2. Prendiamo le nostre fette di speck e arrotoliamole per poi tagliarle a strisce
3. In una padella scaldiamo un filo d'olio e aggiungiamo lo scalogno precedentemente tritato per farlo rosolare
5. Nel frattempo avremo fatto cuocere le nostre penne, scoliamo la pasta e versiamola nel condimento aggiungendo una spolverata di parmigiano e facciamola saltare.
Se ti piace come ho impiattato usa le foglie di radicchio messe da parte come coppe per la tua splendida pasta radicchio e speck!